The history of the Division Technique of Kulzer
The history of Kulzer is first of all the history of a path-breaking invention.
Everything started with a revolutionary discovery of Gottfried Roth, a dental technician. He found out that polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) is soluble in its monomers and mixable into mouldable dough, which can be used perfectly for the creation of dentures.
This procedure was patented in 1936 by the freshly founded company Kulzer. Under the brand name Paladon, the hot-curing resin revolutionised the market.
Since 1939, Heraeus has held 50% of the shares of this company and since 1987 Kulzer has been a 100% subsidiary of the Heraeus group.
In 2013 the Japanese Mitsui Chemicals Group took over the Heraeus Holding dental division "Heraeus Kulzer", which includes the Division Technique.
Since July 2017 we do business again under the name Kulzer.
In the early fifties, the idea of spreading the competencies in resin technologies from the dental area into other markets was born.
This was the natal hour of the Division Technique and “Technovit”
In 1953, Kulzer launched the fast curing resin “Technovit” – an important basic material for materialographic testings.
During the last 50 years, the product range of Technovit resins has been extended continuously. Other products for new markets or areas have been added to form interesting synergies and to complete the product portfolio perfectly. Even in other fields such as histology or veterinary medicine, Kulzer resins are well established by now.
In this way, during our more than 60 years old history, a product range originated, that meets highest quality demands, offers a huge diversity and opens possibilities for your individual applicability.
Even today, the idea of diversification, to serve new markets and areas of application, is the driving force of the Division Technique.
Attend us on our most important stages and follow our way from yesterday to tomorrow...